Thank you all for participating in the inaugural edition of The Carnival of Thoughtful Consideration! There are some wonderful submissions, and I look forward to learning from you through your posts.
Within each category I’ve listed the submissions in order based on which arrived first. Enjoy!
First the financial-related submissions:
Budgets and Saving
- Amateur Investor presents Some Tips For Holiday Shopping posted at The Road 2 Riches.
- Lazy Man and Money presents The Evils of Emotional Spending posted at Lazy Man and Money.
- Sarah Hunt presents High Class Wino posted at Wisebread.
Credit and Debt
- Super Saver presents Champions of Debt Elimination posted at My Wealth Builder.
- Wenchypoo presents Credit and Identity in Shreds posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket.
- Mark Shead presents Staying out of Debt posted at Debt Consolidation Strategies.
- Wenchypoo presents This Thing Called Hunger Part III: Personal Abdication posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket saying, “Re: your money and those who intend to bilk you out of it through tear-jerking, heart-rending motives.” (Wenchypoo – I had a really tough time trying to determine the best category for your post, so I settled on this one!)
- Jimmy Atkinson presents Hacking Knowledge: 77 Ways to Learn Faster, Deeper, and Better | OEDb posted at OEDb: Online Education Database.
Jobs, Employment, and Income
- David E. presents Immigrants taking jobs? Jobs are going overseas posted at Worldwide Success saying “Penny-wise, pound-foolish. This expression seems to describe well the discussion about American jobs. While there is an ongoing debate about immigrants taking low-paying jobs that most Americans don’t want to do, a large number of high-paying jobs are going to India and other countries because companies can’t find enough people with the right knowledge, skills and education to perform these jobs in the US. A college education is becoming more inaccessible to the average American each day, but this crisis is mostly being ignored.”
- Charles H. Green presents Trust Tip 41: Multiply Transactions by Ten posted at Trust Matters saying, “If a business problem seems insoluble, perhaps the problem is that you are thinking in terms of now, and not the future; and that you are thinking in terms of transactions rather than relationships.”
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Work Place Drama Ends In Mo Money posted at The Digerati Life.
- Randy Yniguez presents On Passive Income posted at Mangrove Root Gang.
- Laura Young presents Top 10 Things I Had to Learn on the Road to Full-Time Self-Employment posted at Dragon Slayer’s Guide to Life saying, “Considering self-employment or strengthening your own business in the coming year? Here are some tips to make the road easier.”
- Hisham S. Ayoub, DMD presents Investing in the Growing Dental Industry posted at BioHealth Investor.
- Dan Melson presents Buyer’s Markets: Do You Need to Sell Or Are You Part of The Problem? posted at Searchlight Crusade. Note: I may need to include “Real Estate” as a new category, so my apologies Dan that you’re in this category this week.
- TJP presents 5 Investing Resources that Make A Difference posted at Investor Trip.
- Michael K. Dawson presents Financial Freedom | Navigating the Icy Path to Financial Freedom | powered by The Time & Money Group » Blog Archive » Main Stream Thinking Will Not Lead to Financial Freedom posted at The Time and Money Group.
- Big Cajun Man presents Flashback: Don’t Pass it to the Other Team! posted at Canadian Financial Stuff saying “A bad analogy for finance or a good one for basketball, but do the obvious things when it comes to your personal finances.”
- Steve Faber presents Debt Free Year End Financial Review posted at Debt Freedom.
- Victor presents My Strategy Towards Weath Building posted at Towards Better Life. (Victor – the link to that post isn’t working for me, can you send it to me again? Thanks.)
- Nina presents Money as a Second Language posted at Queercents saying, “When you’re dating someone, how do learn about each other’s philosophy with personal finances? Most people learn these things as time passes but what if you could ask your prospective mate 20 questions about money… wouldn’t this help cut to the chase?”
- makingourway presents Dealing with employer 401k contribution limitations posted at makingourway saying “This is an examination of a challenging situation: my employer has 401k contribution limitations that will prevent me from maxing out my 2006 contribution. I have identified an alternative approach to contribute the annual maximum.”
And the non-financial related:
- Randy Yniguez presents 5 Ways To Overcome Blogger’s Block posted at Mangrove Root Gang saying, “These tips help me keep going!”
Math and Science
- Avant News presents 3rd Iraq Study Group Report Calls for Iterative Izations posted at Avant News. (I’m not sure if this was a joke/spam submission or not, but I do get a kick out of language-related humor, and it did make me laugh.)
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Mad Gift Giving Guide posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Jon Swift presents Taliban Rules posted at Jon Swift.
- Uke Ukemi presents Passion: The Mother of Success posted at ukemi. (Uke – your link isn’t working for me. Could you please resend it? Thanks.)
- Raymond David Salas presents The Greatest Secret posted at ZenChill.com Power Tools for Mind, Body, and Soul.
- Chris presents Living an Independent Life posted at nomad4ever.
- Victor presents Some Thoughts, Background and Evolution of My Ideal Goal posted at Towards Better Life.
- Patricia presents How To Use A Sick Day To Change Your Life posted at A Better You Blog.
- Alvaro presents Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg on Brain Fitness Programs and Cognitive Training posted at SharpBrains: Your Window into the Brain Fitness Revolution saying, “An interview with one of the leading scientists in the field of cognitive training and Brain Fitness…and probably thoughtful consideration too!”
- isabella mori presents imagining the future posted at change therapy. (My apologies that I didn’t have a more fitting category Isabella – it did make me really think about how I think!)
- Joe Caterisano presents help with everything: How to lose weight posted at help with everything.
Relationships and Parenting
- Linda Freedman presents Holiday Post 3: Remembering and Xmas posted at Everyone needs therapy? Lessons from a family therapist saying, “The holiday season is a busy time of year for therapy docs. This post demonstrates how to turn memories into living memories, making family life and loss during the holidays manageable, even bittersweet, when sweet isn’t entirely possible.”
- Evolving Times presents How Not To Raise An Invisible Child posted at Evolving Times.
- Ms. Q presents My Definition Of Love posted at QMusings saying, “Sometimes you are asked a question you have never asked yourself. I believe this is one of the questions you should know the answer to.”
Technology and Software
Please be sure to participate in the future editions of The Carnival of Thoughtful Consideration through BlogCarnival.com by submitting your posts with the carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on the blog carnival index page.